- Total distance: 220 km;
- Distance/day (average): 44 km;
- Bike: MTB equipped with hybrid tire;
- Trekk: 100% tar.
ItineraryDay 1: Arrival
Arrival at Oporto airport and VIP transfer to the Quinta Nova of Nossa Senhora do Carmo, a luxury cellar considered a "piece of paradise" for rest and leisure of wine lovers from around the world. There are 11 rooms with views over the landscape, which guarantee emotionally different accommodation in a wine environment and within a Douro farm where no detail is forgotten.
It is in this beautiful region, endowed with sun and a very particular climate, that are produced great wines and remarkable Ports for which the region is known worldwide. This is where the experience begins ... In the evening, there will be a general briefing on the tour followed by a fantastic dinner.
Night at Quinta Nova Nossa Senhora do Carmo (dinner included).
Day 2: Peso da Régua - Alto Douro World Heritage
After breakfast completely immersed in the vibrant atmosphere of the Douro, our cycling takes us to Peso da Régua. You will ride your bike in the most amazing environment towards the Bagaúste Dam.
You will stay in the Six Senses Douro Valley Hotel, in the middle of the Douro River Valley, overlooking the surrounding vine-covered mountains and the river flowing at your feet, offering the ideal atmosphere to relax after your first stage.
Night at the Six Senses Douro Valley Hotel (breakfast, lunch and dinner included).
Step: 38 km.Day 3: Lamego historic and monumental city
After a delicious breakfast - we pedaled towards Lamego considered a historical and monumental city, where we could see among many monuments and houses emblazoned the Cathedral of Lamego that was founded in 1129 or the Sanctuary Nossa Senhora dos Remédios.
Night at Six Senses Douro Valley Hotel (breakfast, lunch and dinner included).
Stage: 31km.Day 4: Douro The most beautiful vineyards in the world
After a delicious breakfast, we ride along the Douro River, we are attracted by the beauty and diversity of the landscape, discovering, with each undone curve, new images and sensations. Each roof is sheltered by hospitable people and each open window shows a landscape with striking contrasts.
After lunch, we continue to pedal and observe the terraces, built thanks to the perseverance of men who, for generations, dug the mother rock, define this nature. Considered one of the grandest and most beautiful wine-growing landscapes in the world, the Douro presents itself as a giant amphitheater of shales and vines.
From the viewpoints of São Leonardo de Galafura and Santo António de Loureiro, this reality can be admired, as well as the main element of this scenario: the river Douro.
Night at Douro Palace Hotel (breakfast, lunch and dinner included).
Stage: 40 km.Day 5: The Carrapatelo Dam
After breakfast, we have a mandatory passage through the Carrapatelo dam.
Inaugurated in 1972, it was the first dam to be built on the national section of the Douro River. This is the dam of the Douro with the biggest difference, 35m, which makes the passage of boat through its lock an unforgettable experience. We ride back to our wonderful hotel where you can relax in this unique atmosphere.
Night at Hotel Rio Moments (breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Stage: 57km.Day 6: Entre-Os-Rios – Oporto
Enjoy one of the best breakfasts in Portugal - does it seem exaggerated? Try it!
We will continue to Entre-Os-Rios and passing Crestuma Dam, we will arrive at the Port by the Dom Luis Bridge the Luis I Bridge is a bridge in metallic structure with two boards, built between 1881 and 1888.
We will arrive at our hotel The Yeatman situated in the historic area of the city, where the oldest Port cellars are, The Yeatman is located on a beautiful hill, with breathtaking views of the Port and, in all its surrounding space, provides an extremely quiet and serene environment inside the city Dinner will be Michelin Star. Good rest!
Night at The Yeatman (breakfast, lunch and dinner included).
Stage:52 km.Day 7: Goodbye Douro
After the last breakfast in this fabulous and exclusive with wonderful views of the World Heritage City of Porto and the Douro River at 10:00 am, VIP transfers to Porto Airport will be made.
What is included:
- 5 Lunches in a local restaurant;
- 6 breakfasts;
- 6 À la carte dinners, drinks included (water, and wine in moderate consumption);
- During dinner the wine included is a suggestion of the Chef, different beverages request should be paid as an extra directly by the client;
- 6 nights in double accommodation;
- Water, coffee and soda along the route;
- Bike and helmet;
- Bilingual Guides;
- Full maintenance and technical assistance during the tour;
- Backpack, water bottle, bike jersey, casual polo and luggage with Bike Tours Portugal Logo;
- 5 Snacks (Cereal bars, dry fruits and waters);
- Concierge services for spa reservations and other additional services;
- Transportation service within a 10km radius are included dinners outside the hotel not mentioned, extra activities not mentioned and lost objects pick up over 10km are subject to an extra quotation);
- Arrival transfer Oporto airport – 1st hotel) Aeroporto Oporto, at 3:00 p.m. on fixed departures;
- Departure transfer (last hotel – Lisbon airport, at 10:00 a.m. on fixed departures;
- Other transfers are subject to an extra quotation;
- Van 24h/7 for luggage transportation (hotel-to-hotel and full technical support vehicle along the tour – the van is at a 15 minutes distance for any eventuality);
- Sag vehicle along the way please contact us for a quotation.
What is not included:
- Lunches on day one and day 7 (transfers days);
- Extra equipment non specified as included;
- Bike shorts and shoes;
- Air fares;
- Transportation service over a 10km radius are subject to an extra quotation;
- Mini-bar and extra consumption not mentioned on the program;
- SPA treatments.