Step off the usual tourist track to see and taste your way around Porto and get a look at the real city life. Learn what makes Porto’s cuisine so enticing as you sample Portuguese culinary delicacies, discover historic architecture, and check out some of the most popular areas among residents.
After a convenient hotel pickup, follow your guide through the charming streets of Porto. Marvel at the beautiful architecture with traces of Romanesque, Neoclassical, and Gothic styles on your way toward a more historical side of town. Hear about the favorite sites and restaurants of Porto’s inhabitants as you step in a local café to try the mouthwatering pastel de nata custard tarts.
Continue walking as you listen to curious facts and stories of the city. After building up an appetite, indulge in a traditional bifana, sliced pork steak in a roll of bread. Next, head to another café and try a cachorrinho, a small Porto-style hot dog, and a superb sandes mista de pernil, a pork and cheese sandwich.
Enjoy your meal as you let the conversation unfold and hear tips about restaurants and things you can do in town. All snacks are accompanied by a soft drink, Portuguese beer, or a glass of local wine.
Take a Detour!
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your central Porto hotel;
- Tastings adaptable to personal dietary restrictions;
- Stopping points adapted to the day of the tour;
- Explanation about the origins and characteristics of the ingredients/dishes;
- Porto’s hidden alleys & culturally rich neighborhoods;
- A delicious sampling of Portuguese cuisine;
- Sipping on golden beer & favorite local wines;
- Insightful commentary from a knowledgeable guide.
Douro & Oporto
English, French, Spanish
Nº of people
Minimum: 2 | Maximum: 16
Hotel pickup (Oporto)